Rebel Óg Coaching is the coaching arm of Coiste na nÓg Chorcaí.
Rebel Og Coaching promotes Gaelic Games in clubs, schools and academies throughout Cork. A full-time staff of seven GDAs working under the County Games Manager cater for the needs of child, youth and adult players in both football and hurling.
In catering for players needs in a balanced way, a two-pronged approach is in place
- Maximise participation by ensuring that all young children in Cork are exposed to games and coaching in a fun, positive environment and that the maximum number of such players are subsequently retained for a lifelong involvement in Gaelic Games
- Optimise playing standards to ensure that all players are provided with opportunities to fulfill their potential through regular, meaningful games and top class coaching, both of which are outlined here.
At various times during the season, Rebel Óg Coaching may wish to recruit part time coaches for a wide range of coaching projects working alongside GDA’s.
These programmes would range from Primary Schools Coaching, Post Primary Schools Coaching, Regional Youth Squads coaching-coordination.
If you have experience in coaching children or youths and you would be available to help in the roll out of our projects upon request, then please complete the form attached.
Candidates would require the following:
- – Qualified to a minimum of Foundation Level GAA Coaching
- – Be GAA garda vetted or be willing to undertake garda vetting
- – Have a minimum of 2 years GAA coaching experience
- – Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- – Be available to work on weekdays and or weekends
- – Sports related qualifications would be an advantage
2 Vacancies for GAA Coaches in Cork City and County under Community Employment Scheme
GAA Coach (CE Scheme) – B Licence
Created on: 04/07/2016
Based in Cork County
Description: The position will be in the above area. This is a developmental opportunity, no experience is necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career. The ideal person would have to have good communication skills, a knowledge of working with children, good planning skills; an enthusiastic approach to work and have a general knowledge of the GAA games. Own transport needed with full drivers licence. Applicants must supply suitable character references and be prepared to complete a Garda vetting application form.
Salary: €CE Rates
Number of Positions: 2
Contract Type: Temporary
Days, Hours & Start Date:Days per week: Not specified Hours per day: Not specified Hours per week: 19.5
Start Date: Pending Garda Clearance
Experience Required: No Experience Required
Please contact your local DSP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy. Job Reference Number will be required. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over for the Childcare, Health and Social Care sectors and 25 years of age or over for all other areas. Applicants must also be in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
Contact arrangements must be followed exactly as stated by the employer as they are the preferred method of contact.
Employer: Cork County GAA Board SES Company Ltd
Pairc Ui rinn
Phone: 021 4291604