Cork Sports Partnership and Cork Volunteer Centre are delighted to announce a new FREE workshop for clubs which aims to address volunteer recruiting, challenges, retention, rewarding and much more! Volunteers are people from all walks of life, all ages and stages. What they have in common is the desire to make a difference in their community and their club!
What are the Objectives of the workshop
- What is Volunteering?
- Expectations of Club (What does your club expect from volunteers within your club)
- Expectations of volunteers (What do we think volunteers expect when they volunteer in our clubs)
- Barriers to volunteering (What other barriers have you come across in your clubs??)
- Designing roles & descriptions (What, when, where, why & how)
- Readiness for recruiting volunteers. Recruitment process
- Platforms for recruitment (online, club executive, club registration nights, AGM’s, club training etc)
- Drafting an advertisement (if required)
- Club Volunteer Application form (if required)
- Screening & Selection
- Placing Volunteers according to skill sets
- Now you have them how do you keep them?
- Support Mechanisms
- Volunteer Recognition
- Challenges/Difficulties that can arise & what to do
- Volunteer Policy & Benefits of having one
- Monitoring & Reviewing
Involving Sports Volunteers Workshop
Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 18:30 (Eire)
Cork ETB Training Centre
Rossa Avenue, Bishopstown, Cork