The GAA Games Development Conference 2018 is being developed in partnership with Sky Sports and will take place on Friday and Saturday, January 12th and 13th 2018 in Croke Park.
Run as a partnership between all of the Gaelic Games Associations, the Conference will offer the 750 delegates attending an opportunity to access talks relating to key coaching issues in hurling/camogie, Gaelic football/Ladies Gaelic football, Handball and Rounders which are related to players across the entire player development pathway.
Friday, January 12th will feature a Youth Development forum that will investigate many of the issues related to ensuring that player are provided with an adequate programme of games, appropriate to their needs and abilities. Speakers will present on a number of initiatives that have been developed to complement the formal games programme.
Saturday, January 13th provides an opportunity for delegates to attend sessions from speakers of national and internal renowned covering topics relevant to the player, the coach, the game and the environment. Speakers include:
- Paul McGinley, Professional Golfer and Captain of the European team for the Ryder Cup 2014
- Stephen McDonnell, former Armagh Senior Footballer
- Diarmuid Lyng, former Wexford Senior Hurler
- Tony Óg Regan, Psychologist to the Galway Minor Hurling team, All Ireland Champions 2017
- Peter Keane, Manager of the Kerry Minor Football team, All Ireland Champions 2017
- Ashley Jones, Strength and Conditioning coach, formerly coach to the New Zealand All Blacks
Tickets cost €60 and are available to purchase from the dedicated ticket site.