|Month of November||National schools coaching||Buttevant NS, Lisgriffin NS, Mitchelstown Convent, Kiskeam NS, Dromach NS, Rockchapel NS, Meelin NS, Bweeing NS, Kanturk Convent and Kanturk BNS.||Junior, Senior infant and first class pupils in schools around the region have started their 3 week coaching sessions this month. All 64 primary schools in the region will get their 3 week sessions in the coming months.
On November 10th we ran a 3rd class football blitz in Mallow Gaa complex. 32 teams took part in the blitz with over 300 pupils playing. a great day was had by all.
|Month of November||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Davis College Mallow, Millstreet, Boherbue, Buttevant,Kanturk Convent, Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy, Craoibhin Fermoy, Fanahans Mitchelstown & CBS Mitchelstown, Nagle Rice Donerale and Charlaville CBS.||First year coaching has started in all the mentioned schools which will include internal blitz’s being organised and run. Other school teams are also being helped where needed.
TY coaching and referees courses are started and will have be run in all Post primary schools in the region early in the new year. The schools in BOLD are to be done yet but are already scheduled. Pupils who participate in this course will be required to organise and run internal blitz’s in their schools, take part in 5 hours coaching in their own juvenile clubs and local Primary school as well as being available for refereeing of monster blitz’s for their own Juvenile clubs.
CONGRATULATIONS to Colaiste treasa u15 footballers who won the Munster B competition this month, beating Midleton CBS in the final.
Big congratulations also to St Colemans Fermoy on reaching the Harty cup quarter finals again this year, one of 4 Cork teams to do so which is another big step for hurling in the county and the fruition of the hard work going into second level schools in the county.
Well done also to Patricion Academy Mallow whose successful county title winning u14, 16 and senior teams from last year were honored at a function in Mallow recently.
|22nd November||Primary Teachers workshop||Mallow||
23 primary teachers from schools all over the North region took part in a fantastic PE workshop with Liam O’Reily organised by Rebel Og. This was the second PE workshop for these teachers and the 4th one for teachers in North Cork this year.
|Month of November||U14, 15, & 16 Regional squads||Across the region||
The winter training programme started in the region on November 11th, and continued on 18th, 25th and December 2nd with training sessionf on th astroturf pitch for the u14 footballers and hurlers and Strength and Conditioning for U15 and 16 football and hurling squads with coaches from the UCC Mardyke.
These sesions were supported with all teams also playing inter-regional challenge games in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.
4 Cork regional teams also travelled to Dublin to play challenge hurling games against regional teams from Dublin. 24 players from the North region traveled and took part, winning one and loosing one game.
|November & December||Minor football and hurling||Trials are ongoing county wide for the 2018 minor football and hurling squads, with a lot of North region players involved, best of luck to them all.|
|18th & 25th November||Monster blitz||Páirc Ui Chaoimh||The previously postponed final hurling monster bitz took place over 2 days in Páirc Ui Chaoimh last month. Most clubs that took part n the monster blitz’s in the region during the year also traveled to Cork for finals. Cork senior players Michael Cahalane, Tommy O’Connell, Mark Coleman, Colm Spillane and Luke Meade were present to meet the young players and see the upcoming talent in the county.|
|1st December||Benchmarking||The closing date for benchmarking has now passed. Clubs in the North region to have submitted for benchmarking were: Fermoy, Banteer/Lyre, Shandrum, Kilavullen, Milford, St Marks, Croke Rovers, Mitchelstown/Ballygiblin, Kilara Og, Kanturk, Ballyhea, Clyda Rovers, Buttevant, Shanballymore, Ballyclough, Doneraile, Kilshannig, Castletownroche, Mallow and Sliabh Luchra Gaels.
The above clubs who entered to Benchmarking and are successful in reaching Bronze, Silver or Gold status will be eligible for the following benefits in 2018:
· Priority access to Pairc ui Chaoimh initiatives e.g. Monster Blitzes, Go Games Blitzes.
· Eligibility to apply for the U12 Croke Park day.
· Access to Munster u 12 Stadium Blitz Days
· Application for Half Time games at County and Club games in Cork.
· Entry to the Hurling and Football Go Games Summer Leagues for 2018
· Entry to Munster U15 Super 10s Competition
· Access to the Rebel Óg Coaching and Munster Coaching Conferences in Pairc ui Chaoimh
· Primary School Coaching and Games Supports
· Club Support via Workshops and other initiatives run by Rebel Óg Coaching.
|Month of January||Primary schools||Ballyclough NS, Ballyhea NS, Milford NS, Newtown NS, Doneraile NS,||
we will continue with our visits and coaching sessions in primary schools across the region.
|Month of January||Post Primary schools||Patrician Academy Mallow, Davis College Mallow, Millstreet Community, Boherbue Comprehensive, Buttevant, Kanturk Convent, Colaiste Treasa Kanturk, Colmans Fermoy, Craoibhin Fermoy, Fanahans Mitchelstown, CBS Mitchelstown, Nagle Rice Donerale and Charlaville CBS.||Post Primary schools coaching and TY courses will continue this month in schools across the region.|
|January||U15 & 16 Regional squads||Winter training programme S&C will continue this month for u15 and 16 football and hurling players in the region, under the guidence of coaches from the UCC Mardyke, these players will also play inter regional games preparing for their tournament in February.
The U14 footballers and hurlers will also be preparing for their inter regional tournament in February with training sessions in Mallow on Saturday mornings and matches in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.
|January||Club visits||Across the region||I will be putting out an open invitation for clubs to apply for GDA workshops in their clubs. This will be open to all clubs to apply for but priority will be given to clubs who applied for benchmarking this year.|
|January / February||Award 1 coaching courses||Banteer & Newtownshandrum||
Award 1 coaching courses will be hosted in Banteer in mid February on Thursdays and Saturdays on the 15th, 17th, 22nd and 24th. The other in Newtownshandrum in mid January on Wednesdays and Saturdays on the 24th, 27th, 31st and 3rd (Feb).
Booking an award 1 course:
|Foundation level coaching courses||
Foundation Courses for Clubs
Courses are run for 7 months of the year so if your club wishes to complete a Foundation Coaching Course during any the following months October, November, December, January, February, March & April the club secretary will have to book your course with Coach Education Officer Shane Supple at email@example.com at least 4 weeks in advance of your course.
• Your club has to have a minimum of 12 participants to run a course
• Participants must be Over 18 years of age to complete a GAA run Foundation Course. Students can take part in courses run in Schools for TY.
• Participants who do not complete the full course will not receive certification
• The cost of a Foundation Course for a club is €250 for up to 20 participants.
• A Deposit & Administration Fee of €25 must be paid online before any course will be registered and tutors assigned.
• If your club will have more than 20 participants the cost will be €450 as two tutors are required
• All payments for courses are to be paid in advance of course beginning
• Please let Shane Supple know the number of participants you believe you club will have for your course when you are booking
• Bookings are to be made by email through your club secretary only.
• The Foundation Coaching Course is 9 hours for a Dual Course and 7.5 hours for a single code
• The course can be done in the following formats: 3 hrs on a Friday night and 6 hrs on the Saturday OR over 2 weeknights either in the same week or spread out over 2 or 3 weeks
• When you are booking please give details of which format you would like and what date you would like
• Dates will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so we cannot guarantee the date you are looking for
Please refer to Guideline & Requirements for Foundation Course Cerification which applies to anyone wishing to take a course